Hey My Young Dentists
Here I Have decided to write for all of you regarding best options available for dentists after graduation and regarding preparation of gpsc dental exam.
This blog is based on my opinion and research. You can always take another opinion and guide from your respected mentor. If you want me to help you I am always ready to guide you as per My best knowledge.
So many of my students and my juniors told me that they absolutely  have no idea which are options available and what they can do ?
In Clinic setup cost is too much and again waiting period is too long near about 5 years
And in Job maximum salary one will have is near about 10000 rs / Month. Still I must say you are lucky if you have job secured as there is high unemployment rate for dentistry in India.

Here these are some good articles to read regarding that

Increasing Unemployment among Indian Dental Graduates – High Time to Control Dental Manpower

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4385734/


The current status of dental graduates in India

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4856508/

Dental education: Too many graduates in India


https://www.mediafire.com/file/b1ze8r24zqxt1an/Artical.pdf

Again recently I was looking for total number of dentist in India and figure I got on DCI website is surprising. I think it may be more than this.
217539 
so now think how much competition you have to face for good earning in field of dentistry.
Now a days I found best options available for newly graduated dentist are ( according to my opinion)
1) Competitive exams
2) Going abroad
I am here not considering private clinic as I have  mentioned above that u need to invest good amount of money and time. I am here discussing best options available.
Regarding Abroad you can always consult or just visit the country website you are planning for and  You will get all details like how to apply and what to read  what is the procedure to follow?

Let's Discuss regarding Competitive exams

Word itself say its a competitive, you have to work hard and beat the tough competition.
Various Competitive exams are
UPSC
Army Dental Crops
GPSC general administartive
 GPSC Dental Surgeon Class II exam
MDS entrance exam for top institutes like AIIMS & PGI 
NEET MDS only targeting top institutes (government institute)


Here we will discuss  GPSC Dental Surgeon Class II exam

I will soon write blog on other exams also

GUJARAT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
dENTAL SURGEON CLASS II 
written exam
 Introduction:

It is competitive exam for recruiting  dental surgeons for government hospitals and government colleges.

Total number of posts has been decided by Gujarat government. Check your news paper daily for GPSC advertisement

Educational Qualification
(1)Possess Bachelors’ degree in Dental Surgery obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Dental Council of India
(2) Possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services classification and Recruitment (General) Rules.1967 as amended from time to time.
(3) Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
 Note:. The Candidate required to get himself registered under the Gujarat Dental Council Act,1948 at the time of his application. Pay:- Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800/- Plus Grade pay Rs.5400/- 


Age and other details also will be there in advertisement. I have attached one sample of advertisement
look at it
Sample Advetisement

Most Important question is 
What to read and How to read?
:Books You have to read are:
    For written exam
1) Dental Pulse clinical only thoroughly with explanations.
    Most of the questions are directly  from pulse.So read dental            pulse thoroughly with revisions.Clinical part only.
      

2) Neeraj wadhwan's book 
    Read only clinical subjects.No need read picture based questions      if you are preparing for GPSC only.read only and only dental            subjects for GPSC .No need to Read basic subjects like                    medicine and surgery.
3) Other MCQs books if time permits and once you have mastered with above two books.

I will soon write blog for interview tips and how to read for interview 

Remember you have to do Revisions. I advise you to prepare dental pulse clinical thoroughly . Then go for other books. Be through with your concepts.

Read syllabus carefully.
Here what syllabus was ( it might be different in future exams)
Advt-39-2014-15-Syllabus


Now Main thing comes that is preparing regarding GK part . You have seen syllabus that in part 1 all subjects are from GK. I advise you to prepare that subjects also. Do not leave it as you can lead ahead of competition by scoring good in that part also.As dental part is very much clear for those who are preparing for MDS entrance exams.So only way to score good or to be out of risk is prepare GK part also.
Although written exam marks is not going to be counted for final selection it is mandatory to score good in this exam for selection in interview list.


As per my knowledge best mentor to guide for GK part is DR RAVI VACHCHANI.

Here some of the books for preparation of GK part in Dental GPSC suggested by Dr Ravi sir are



   Some books suggested by me 
For more materials you can search on internet that is available for free or I have created google classroom for this exam and related materials. Just simply fill form below and I will send you link to join.
I have also prepared scanned or pdf of previous years dental GPSC papers as well GPSC papers of adv 39 and 135 with answer key that had been published by GPSC for which you can contact me on my wahtsapp number or you can email me or simply join my classroom.

How to read?
This is second one of questions my students asked me sir how to read ?
see I generally advise you to make your schedule. spit your time and most important thing is be relax don't take too much stress. I advise you to continue with reading and give time for GK until advertisement will going to appear .You will have enough time before your written exam. Just focus on reading and preparation don't worry for the result. I strongly advise you to be positive from starting of preparation.Take break when you feel frustrated or saturated.There is nothing to worry if you give your 100% you will surely succeed. 

My advise on time management
  • Take at least 7 hours of sound sleep
  • Have habit of reading news paper daily, make your notes if you want  ( Indian express preferable)
  • Do your routine work. You can read side by side with your job. I did same 
  • Give least 2 hours for GK.Make your notes for Gujarati grammar and important points in other subjects.
  • 6 hours for dental related reading .Priority should be given to pluse.
  • Spend at least 10 minutes to watch news channels ( India today , Aajtak or anyother national or international channel).It will help you in interview sometimes.
  • If you are doing job,gain clinical knowledge that will be helpful during interviews.
This is specially for written exam.For interview you will shortly see my blog regarding interview. Will shortly provide link to download materials and old papers with answer key.
Please click link below and fill up form below to get link for download materials for GPSC and to join my google classroom for this exam  on which you can get all materials,notes and you can discuss your doubts also.

https://goo.gl/forms/Hnyd2myTo2MUDZNf2

To get notification for upcoming GPSC Dental exam or any other exam or job vacancy do following things
  1. follow  GPSC DENTAL SURGEON CLASS-2 EXAM GROUP on facebook
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/1547088225572174/about/
      2. Fill up form below , I will give you notification personally on  email or on Whats app number
      3 You can contact Me or Dr Ravi sir on below mentioned details         


DR VIRAL SHAH
Dental Surgeon Class -II
GPSC 2016 Rank- 66

Contact Details
drviralshah2017@gmail.com
You can Inbox me on Facebook 
or
simply fill up form below
or comment below 

DR RAVI VACHCHANI
Dental Surgeon Class- II
GPSC 2012 Rank -7
Expert in General GPSC preparation Guide

Contact Details
ravi.catch22@gmail.com
You can inbox me on Facebook
or 
Simply Fill up form below
or Comment below


All suggestions are most welcome .Write your Comment below and feel free to contact us. 
Provided links below from which you can buy books suggested by Dr Ravi sir and you don't need to search for it. 




Comments

  1. Hello viral sir, your achievement is inspiring.. I have some doubts.. Would like to talk to you personally.. I am a student from Manubhai Patel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog